Friday, August 22, 2014

Mini Album with a Fabric Cover

Morning ladies!

I wanted to share today a small mini album with the a fabric cover, which I made with the pictures of my daughter. This is my first time making a 'soft' cover and not using a hidden hinge binding system in a mini album.

What was the reason I decided to try that, you may ask? And the answer is - I really love the works of a talented friend of mine - Olushka (you should visit her blog to have a look at the amazing albums she makes).Every time I see a new album of hers, I'm itchy to give a try and make an album with a fabric cover.

So.... After looking online, I found a really detailed tutorial (in Russian), explaining how to do that.
I already can see what were the mistakes and the next time I'll get down to making another album, I will take those mistakes into account (for example, the hinges for the pages should allow more space for placing the flowers and other chunky embellies; would be nice to make a ribbon closure as well, etc.).

Anyway, here's my result:








More details of the cover:





All of the big flowers on the inside pages are handmade by me:


I didn't use a lot of glue in this album (just small amounts to keep the elements in place before sewing), so nearly everything is stitched and sewn on the pages:







And here's another mini I've recently made, but only the cover is embellished so far:




And that's all for today! 
Thank you so much for stopping by!


Hugs,
Alexandra. 

4 comments:

  1. прелесть! очень здорово получилось!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album looks fabulous; a lot of work on it. Great can see some Eva´s pictures!.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. לגמרי מעלף!!! אוה מתוקה אמיתית ואיזה כייף לה שאימא שלה עושה אלבומים מדהימים!

    ReplyDelete
  4. איזה אלבום מדהים!! כל כך מושקע ומלא פרטים. והבת שלך כל כך מתוקה!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!